The Latesail team are all experienced sailors who can help you find the perfect charter. Get in touch and we are happy to provide a personal service. Call us on: 01227 479 900
Why and when should you book with LateSail?
You will usually see us promoting the values of booking last minute or taking advantage of early or promotional discounts, but with regattas you typically find little or no availability last minute and discounts are scarce or none. If you are organised enough the best prices are to secure before the next season’s prices are released (ie book in the first half of 2015 for your 2016 charter). You also have the advantage of a wider selection of yachts available and from the company with the best list prices.
So why book with LateSail at all for a regatta?
- Our experience of finding the right yacht from the best fleets and what should be included – will it include a CSA certificate? A higher refundable deposit? Is a spinnaker available? The race entry itself?
- As a broker we are impartial, so our role is to find an option that suits both your budget, level of performance and type of yacht. We are not trying to push a particular product above another.
- We think outside the box. No yachts left in Antigua for ASW? That’s ok, we have an option you can charter from St Martin instead (or pay a premium to have moved to Antigua for you)
- Bareboat, skippered, crewed or cabin charter. We offer them all.
What yachts are available?
Not all charter companies are happy for their yachts to participate in regattas (or insured for that matter), so depending on the regatta you are looking to race in we know and will check with all the fleets that have suitable options. After that, much like a bareboat charter, we will look to find the best size, berth and model of monohull or catamaran for you.
Differences to consider vs bareboat?
- Some companies require you to take a longer minimum length charter than the regatta itself, and often you need time to prepare.
- Refundable security deposits are often extra, and only third party deposit insurance available
- Not all companies have spinnakers available, but often the bareboat class doesn’t allow them anyway so you don’t need to get stuck on this point.
What organised regattas are available to book through LateSail?
In short, there are lots throughout the Caribbean and Med, and as long as it isn’t outside of usual restrictions (between multiple countries for example), we will be able to track down any yachts available in the market to charter.
The following Caribbean regattas are the most popular:
Antigua Sailing Week, 25 Apr – 1 May 2015, 23 – 29 Apr 2016, 20 Apr – 5 May 2017
St Martin Heineken Regatta, 5-8 March 2015, 3-6 March 2016, 2-5 March 2017
BVI Spring Regatta, 30 March – 5 Apr 2015, 28 March – 3 Apr 2016, 27 March – 2 Apr 2017
Organise your own regatta or flotilla?
If you are part of a sailing club or looking to do a corporate sailing event, just let us know how many yachts you need (matching or not), dates and destination – and we will put together the best package for you. As always, our price guarantee always applies.