The Latesail team are all experienced sailors who can help you find the perfect charter. Get in touch and we are happy to provide a personal service. Call us on: 01227 479 900
Top gastronomic spots for sailors chartering Croatia
A life on the open sea requires hearty sustenance and we know what a healthy appetite all you sailors have. As sailing fans ourselves, the LateSail team always makes it a priority to seek out the best places to enjoy a fabulous meal while chartering. If you love food and want to base your itinerary around some gastro treats, then read on!
Croatian cuisine is heavily influenced by wonderful Mediterranean cooking. When you’re away on holiday it can be difficult to know where to avoid and feel confident of striking lucky with a gem of a restaurant. One handy tip is to ask the locals when you set off on your charter for some recommended places. Otherwise, you can give some of our favourites a try:
- Stari Grad – try Pinetta,, a delightful wine bar and restaurant with gourmet-level food without eye-watering prices (Address: Ljudevita Gaja 3, Stari Grad, Hvar Island 21460, Croatia)
- Sibenik – if you want to treat yourself then head for Pelegrini (Sibenik), where you can dine on excellent food with high service levels while overlooking the cathedral plaza (Address: Jurja Dalmatinca 1, Sibenik 2200, Croatia)
- Šešula Bay, Solta – Šišmiš, offers free mooring for guests and all the seafood you could wish for with a stunning scenery backdrop. We recommend booking in advance to secure a berth and a table (Address: Sv. Nikole 61, Maslinica, Solta Island 21430, Croatia. Book via email: email@example.com)
- Palmizana – Meneghello has been owned by the same family since 1906 and is known for its beautiful gardens, view of the bay and stunning food. Our top tip is to ask the chef for recommendations of the day (Address: Meneghello Place, 21450 Hvar, Palmižana. Book via email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Vis – Pojoda, always has great fresh fish on the menu and is the perfect place to try the famed national dish, cuttlefish risotto (Address: Don Cvjetka Marasovic 8, Vis, Island of Vis, Croatia)
If your mouth is watering and you want to head to Croatia, then call our knowledgeable team for advice and offers now. If you feel we’ve missed out your favourite gastro delight, then let us know on our Facebook page .