Gentle morning breezes and energetic afternoon winds regularly caress the Ionian Sea, making the mythical isles of Meganisi, Kalamos and Ithaca the perfect destinations for a one-week flotilla sailing holiday.
Set sail from Lefkas and reach out into the spectacular Mediterranean, where beautiful beaches, traditional Greek villages and vibrant underwater life await. With short daily distances, easy line-of-sight sailing and calm, sheltered waters, a Meganisi flotilla vacation really showcases the best of the diverse Ionian scenery.
Meganisi one-week flotilla
- Dolphin spotting in the Ionian
- Exploring Greek and Byzantine ruins
- Free Sailing Day – weave your way between sleepy fishing villages and secluded bays
- Kids coordinator during summer months
- Fully equipped cruising yacht for the duration of your holiday
- Lead Crew: Skipper, Host and Technician
- One tank of yacht fuel
- Full cylinder of cooking gas and full tank of water
- Guaranteed mooring at each stopover
- Dinghy and outboard
- All sailing, navigation and safety equipment onboard
- Fully equipped galley/kitchen
- All clean linen including bath and tea towels
- Snorkelling Equipment
- First Morning Breakfast
- Flotilla Punch Party
- End Cleaning
- End of Week Regatta
What’s not included
- Food and Drink
- Mooring and marina Fees
- Children’s life jackets (we recommend bringing your own)
- Beach Towels
- Security Deposit
*Price per yacht, based on 8 ppl on board
Day 1 Lefkas
Begin your flotilla holiday in the traditional Greek village of Lefkas.
Day 2 Lefkas to Paleros
You’ll begin you Meganisi adventure with a 12nm passage across to the mainland town of Paleros.
Day 3 Paleros to Kalamos
Today you’ll enjoy a stretch of coastal line-of-sight sailing from Paleros down to the town and eponymous island of Kalamos.
Day 4 Kalamos Town to Vathi, Ithaca
Turn due south out of Kalamos Town, and take on the longest leg of the week, a 20nm reach to Vathi, on the famous island of Ithaca, home to Odysseus.
Day 5 Free sailing
Today is your day to shine. Put your sailing skills to the test and gain confidence on the water with your free sailing day.
Day 6 Port Athene, Meganisi
Sail the gentle waters of the Ionian Sea for the easternmost bay on Meganissi.
Day 7 Port Athene, Maganisi to Lefkas
Finish your Meganisi flotilla holiday back in Lefkas, where you have one last chance to enjoy drinks and dinner with your flotilla sailing companions at one of the town’s many restaurants.
*To be used as a guide only.