The Latesail team are all experienced sailors who can help you find the perfect charter. Get in touch and we are happy to provide a personal service. Call us on: 01227 479 900
Christmas giveaway: Seven buoys a bobbing
We’re bobbing along in the holiday season and sharing our marina tips for Croatia. If you’re planning to sail in Croatia next year, then take a look at our 12 Days of Christmas competition*. You’re in with a chance to win two free flights to Croatia in June to accompany your yacht charter booking. All you have to do is sign up to our competition page by 5 January and you could be relaxing in the Adriatic.
The seventh day of Christmas
We’ve been sharing our technical and cultural insights about Croatia with our fun version of The Twelve Days of Christmas carol. We’ve blogged about the top yachts , fab beaches , remote islands , Croatia’s food , weather systems and Korcula . Today our true love has left us seven buoys a bobbing instead of seven swans a swimming, which means we have some serious ballast on board!
Seven buoys a bobbing
While it’s great to be at one with the sea, wind and skies, bobbing along and relaxing, it’s worth planning going ashore so you don’t run out of supplies! But how can you do this cost-effectively? We’ve got some tips to help:
- Take the right currency – Euros are widely accepted, but you will get the best rates if paying in Kuna. It is worth checking your bank’s rate compared to what you can get from a bureau de exchange. Last time the LateSail team went, the best rate was found taking cash out on arrival.
- Recharge often – This is general advice but Croatia offers so many opportunities! Even if you prefer escaping the crowds and exploring the many islands’ anchorages, it is worth going into a marina every three days for a proper recharge of batteries, water and a decent shower. You pay for berthing in marinas in Croatia, but the facilities are a good standard so at least you feel you are getting something for your money.
- Plan ahead – Pre booking marina berths is not always essential, but it’s possible if you want to guarantee your place in the busier marinas or at peak season.
- Book online – The ACI marinas are only possible to book online, and you will need to pay in advance.
- Reward – If you find yourself without a reservation and seemingly nowhere to moor, try the age old system of offering a tip and watch a space magically appear!
If you want to sail Croatia’s many islands, enter our competition for free flights or call our knowledgeable team for advice and offers now. If you’ve got a great tip, then let us know on our Facebook page .
*The prize includes two flights from London to Split. Full terms and conditions are available HERE.